This site is managed and provided by Cancer Fund for Children. This statement applies only to the Cancer Fund for Children website at www.cancerfundforchildren.com
Our Promise to our Supporters
At Cancer Fund for Children our supporters mean everything to us. Without our supporters, Cancer Fund for Children will not be able to provide practical, emotional and financial support to children, young people and their families living with cancer.
We recognise the value of each and every donation
- Every donation we receive matters to us, regardless of how big or small it is and will be used wisely and responsibly to support our work. We will always put your gift to use as quickly as we can.
- Your support will be acknowledged and we will keep you updated on how you are helping children, young people and families living with cancer.
We respect our supporters
- We will never sell your data or share it without your permission and we will safeguard your personal information in line with data protection principles.
- All of our communications reflect and take into account the preferences and opinions of our valued supporters. If you wish to stop hearing from us we will respect that.
We put our supporters first
- Our fundraising team will respect you as a donor and will be open and honest in their dealings with you at all times, we always aim to work to the highest professional standards and adhere to the practices and guidelines as directed by the Institute of Fundraising and the Fundraising Standards Board.
- When we are working with external stakeholders to raise funds we will endeavour to ensure they meet our exceptional standards and will take action where standards are not met.
We value supporter relationships
- Queries or complaints will be responded to as quickly as possible. When we get things wrong we will be upfront about our mistakes apologise and fix them. We will regularly use supporter feedback to improve and enhance our fundraising campaigns.
We are members of the Fundraising Standards Board, the self-regulator of fundraising in the UK. This means that Cancer Fund for Children is committed to best practice in fundraising and follows the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Fundraising Practice.
What information we collect
You can access information on this website without having to provide any personal details. Cancer Fund for Children monitors the numbers of visitors to this website, which simply tells us how many people access this service. Information about the number of visitors is completely anonymous ie. it does not include details of name, email address or any personally identifiable information.
Cancer Fund for Children is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Our registration number is: Z1792224. All personal data obtained by Cancer Fund for Children is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Personal identifiable information
Information will only be collected by Cancer Fund fro Children when you knowingly provide this. To purchase items from the website, make a donation or register for an event, you are required to complete an online form, which does include personal information, for example, Name Address Telephone Number Email Address.
Changes or corrections to the personal information submitted by people who have bought or donated through the website can be made by emailing the IT Officer at ITOfficer@cancerfundforchildren.com
Any comments or complaints about use of personal information held by Northern Ireland Cancer Fund for Children may be made by contacting the Chief Executive on: 028 9080 5599.
Third party sites
The Cancer Fund for Children website contains links to other websites. Other sites may link to the Cancer Fund for Children website, but in no way does this indicate our endorsement of those sites or their content.
We encourage all visitors to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personal information.