Schools and Youth
Fancy an alternative to a non-uniform day? Then add a splash of colour to the school day by holding your very own Daisy Day.
For a small donation to Cancer Fund for Children, pupils can wear an item of yellow clothing. It could be as simple as wearing a yellow scarf, hat or t-shirt. Pupils can go all out and wear yellow from head to toe.
There are lots of ways to add fun to your Daisy Day – you could whip up a batch of Daisy Day themed cupcakes and hold a cake sale or Hug in a Mug coffee morning. Try our favourite recipe below for scrumptious Daisy Day cupcakes.
Daisy Day Cupcake Recipe
125g butter, softened
175g caster sugar
Finely grated zest 1/2 large lemon (keeping the zest of the remaining half for the lemon icing)
2 eggs, beaten
150g plain flour
1/4tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 325of (160oc).
- Line a 12 cupcake pan, with cupcake papers.
- Beat the butter, cheese, lemon rind, sugar and eggs until smooth and creamy.
- Sift the flours. Add the flour gradually to the cheese mixture and beat on a low speed, until just combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes until firm to touch.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Lemon cream Cheese Frosting
1 oz (30g) butter – softened
3 oz (80g) cream cheese – softened
1 cup confectioners (icing) sugar
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1. Sift the sugar.
2. Beat all ingredients together in a small bowl, until smooth and combined.
Decorate with lemon cream frosting and enjoy!
For more information about how your school can get involved contact Rebecca on 028 9080 5599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org